Be Prepared for Your Appointment
Prepping for your appointment is just as important as aftercare for your new tattoo. Here are some things you need to consider before your appointment.
- Ensure you are suitable for cosmetic tattooing, please check our FAQ to see if you're suitable
- Please obtain the proper antiviral cold sore prevention oral tablets to help the prevention of cold sore. This is to be taken before treatment and for after the treatment for a period of one week; even if you’ve never experienced cold sore before
- Do not consume any alcohol or any caffeine at least 24 hours before your procedure
- Refrain from using any medication or pain relief that contain blood thinners, Please ensure you consult this with your Doctor as no medications should ever be discontinued without consulting your Doctor.
- Any waxing or plucking above the lips will need to be done at least 3 days before your appointment
- Your lips will go through stages of darkness, lightness and possible flaking. Please keep this in mind when planning your appointment
- Keep yourself well hydrated one week prior to your appointment, sugar scrub your lips night before appointment
- Avoid excessive exercise or sweating on the day of your appointment
- Cosmetic botox or fillers should be done 3 weeks prior or 3 weeks after your appointment
- Do your research on lip colours you like and bring some photos so we can discuss at the beginning of the appointment. Feel free to bring in your favourite lipstick and we will try match the colour for you.
- Please have a look at our Gallery if you need some inspiration.
What to Expect After your Appointment
Your new lip blush tattoo will go through several different stages while it is healing. Healing can take on average 5-7 days but will vary depending on each individual, some will heal quicker than others.
Do not be concerned and be patient as this is all part of the healing process.
- Lips will be vibrant, brighter and thicker. Some clients may experience redness, bruising and swelling at the treated area. This will typically subside after 1-2 hours however can last up to 2 days with sensitive skin.
- Mild tenderness to the treated area.
- Your lips will appear even darker than on the first day
- Mild tenderness and tightness to the treated area
- Swelling will have subside
Day 3 - Day 5
- You may experience some flakiness, please leave them alone and let it naturally come off.
- Lips may appear patchy
- Once your skin has completely flaked, colour will appear a lot lighter. True colour can be seen after 6 weeks.
Care For Your Lip Tattoo
Now that you have your new tattoo, we need to make sure you take care of it to ensure you get the best retention. Please note that the following is general information, please refer to your Aftercare Information for full details.
- You will have received your Aftercare Instructions on how to care for your new tattoo, please ensure you follow instructions strictly.
- Ensure you clean your lips after every meal
- Avoid coloured food (curry, chilli, coffee etc.) and to drink your liquid via a straw
- Do not apply makeup directly on the treated area until skin has fully flaked and healed.
- Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, saunas, or in hot steamy showers for at least 14 days following the procedure.
Please avoid excessive sweating caused by exercise or strenuous activity.
- Avoid touching your lips or picking at it
- Ensure you keep your lips as moist as possible, apply lip balm every hour
- Apply SPF balm to lips once it is healed to prevent lips from fading